After a scientific training, Julien Pebrel turned to photography, studying photojournalism at the EMI-CFD in Paris. He joined Agence M.Y.O.P. in 2011, becoming co-director in January 2016.
He places travel at the heart of his photography and uses photography as a means to travel. In recent years, he has worked in Argentina, Moldova, Togo, in the Danube Delta and in the South Caucasus : Armenia, Georgia, Abkhazia and Nagorno-Karabagh.
Print : M le magazine du Monde, L'Obs, Internazionale, Géo, D la Repubblica, Revue XXI, Libération, Mare, Sunday Times Magazine, Le Temps, Pèlerin, Grazia, Time, Newsweek Japan, Days Japan, Huck, Causette, Le Parisien Magazine, Le Monde, Théâtre(s) Magazine, Mouvement, etc.
Online : Time Lightbox, National Geographic, L'Instant Paris Match, CNN, The Sunday Times Magazine, Fotografia, Vice, Next Libération, Diversions by M&C Saatchi Little Stories, Eurasianet, 6 Mois, Nouvel Obs, M le magazine du Monde, etc.
Corporate : M&C Saatchi Little Stories, UNHCR, agence Makheia, agence Textuel, Biennale Internationale du Spectacle, Région Île-de-France, CNFPT, Pavillon français de la Biennale internationale d'architecture de Venise, etc.
S.C.A.M. "Brouillon d’un rêve journalistique" Grant (2014, 2017) | Professional Grant of the "Festival Photo de Mer" (2012) | Marty Forscher Fellowhip Fund student award (2011) | Canon ProfiFoto Föderpreis (2011) | Young Reporter Award at the Journalism and Scoop Festival of Angers (2010) | "Fondation de la Vocation" Fellowship (2010) | "François Chalais" Young Reporter Award (2010) | Grand Prix Paris-Match, student category (2008).
• Idumali. MYOP in Arles. July 2018
• Georgia(ns). 6th Lumix Festival for Young Photojournalism, Hannover. June 2018
• Nagorno-Karabagh. Festival MAP, Toulouse. May 2017
• Sulina. Le 247 Gallery, Paris. April-May 2016
• Sulina. MYOP in Paris, Hôtel de Sauroy, Paris. October 2015
• Nagorno-Karabagh. MYOP in London, Seen Fifteen Galery, London. May 2015
• Nagorno-Karabagh. MYOP in Arles, La Calade, Arles. July 2014
• Sulina. Festival Photo de Mer, Vannes. April 2013
• Nagorno-Karabagh. 3rd Lumix Festival for Young Photojournalism, Hannover. June 2012